We are currently working with client Schools in the East Riding area who require a KS2 teachers for long term cover.
They are looking for teachers who are committed, adaptable and creative, making use of those traits to engage Year 6 children to learning and reaching their potential.
You will teach across the curriculum, with focus on the core subjects, in addition to partaking in pastoral and administrative duties.
The ideal Teacher will possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of the curriculum guidance form KS2, particularly in the area of SATs
- Experience working with school policies, particularly surrounding health and safety and safeguarding.
- Understanding of how National Curriculum test information is used for Teacher and School development
- Plan and deliver the teaching programme, ensuring it is adaptive and differentiated to all the class pupils and their abilities
- Ensure each lesson has a structure which maintains pace and motivation to challenge and aid pupil progress
- Make effective use of School assessment data concerning pupil attainment when considering future planning
- Establish high expectations of pupil behaviour and classroom management to ensure effective teaching
- Maintain a safe, supportive and secure environment in which the pupils can learn
- Regularly set ambitious, yet achievable targets for Pupils, and monitor progress and attainment closely
- Continually develop learning resources and activities, adapting materials to ensure each child's individual needs are met.
- Monitoring individual student progress during SATs prep, supportively driving students to meet and/or exceed their expectations
- Through shared knowledge between practitioners, build and maintain effectively informative relationships with parents/guardians
- Mark and monitor class work and homework, providing constructive feedback and setting targets for future progress
- Coordinate (and liaise with) Teaching Assistants to ensure appropriate pupils' educational needs for support are met and monitor progress
- Take responsibility for your own teacher development needs and identify areas where continuous professional development courses may be of use
- To attend meetings, reviews, and training in accordance with the School policy
The rate of pay will depend on teacher experience, but will range between £110 and £140 per day.
Hours of Work
Full time hours (Minimum 8.30am - 3.30pm)
Extra hours may be required for teacher meetings, inspections and parent consultations.
Qualification and Vetting
The successful candidate will be required to show proof of appropriate teaching qualification for the post (UK QTS certification) and NQT's are welcome to apply. Successful candidates must provide details (when requested) of appropriate referee's and consent to being subject to 'Child Only' DBS checks as per our vetting procedures.