Our client is a privately owned entrepreneurial business that is multisite and multiservice generating revenues of c£30m. The business has grown quickly through focusing on their core business and diversifying their services into a loyal customer base. We are looking for an Interim Finance Director to cover a period of 6-9mths.
Duties will include:
- Managing and motivating a professional customer focused finance team.
- Developing financial control, processes and systems ensuring reporting is in place for all growth areas identified in the strategic plan.
- Monitoring performance against KPIs and assist in analysis to support the strategic direction of the business.
- Contributing on a broader commercial basis to the development of the business model and operational framework, ensuring the business has a sound platform from which to drive its growth plans within its existing finance facilities
- Strong cashflow control to prioritise capital expenditure and projects
- Budgeting and forecasting and benchmarking against these targets with operational heads and the executive team
- Provide Management information as appropriate to the board
- Produce board pack for regular board meetings and participate as FD fully in this board, including liaison with Non-Executive directors.
- Evaluate and review potential acquisitions including leading the valuation, due diligence, integration planning and implementation processes
You are a qualified accountant with experience working as Finance Director within a retail/leisure multisite business. You are a strong control-based FD, who can demonstrate that you have developed new systems and processes as a business has grown whilst maintaining day to day control. The ability to mentor and motivate a small collegiate finance team is important as well as presenting and participating in a board meeting context.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.