At OFG, we work smarter so you have more time to spend doing the things you love!
Job title: KS3 Teacher
Location: Wetheringsett Manor, Suffolk
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a KS3 Teacher to join Wetheringsett Manor School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you!
About the School
Wetheringsett Manor School is a new independent day SEMH School for up to 66 pupils aged 11-19. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Wetheringsett Manor School site is currently going through significant refurbishment and is based in Suffolk, East Anglia. The Manor House is located in 17 acres of parkland with wooded boundaries and sits on the edge of the village of Wetheringsett. The accommodation also provides several other buildings including a converted stable block, a cottage and two industrial units.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
Purpose of Job
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Headteacher.
- To teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
- In consultation with the Head of School/Head of School undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- To teach a variety of general subjects across the national curriculum to students aged between; 11-19, primarily KS3 in the morning sessions.
- To be a form tutor for students to support them in their education.
- To teach aspects of our vocational curriculum in the afternoon sessions.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as ''Outstanding'' or ''Good''.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
JOB ID 195094