Do you have experience working in a Primary School, Nursery or other Childcare Setting?
The Educate Group are currently recruiting for confident, outgoing and enthusiastic staff to work on a supply basis at a number of schools in Deeside and surrounding areas.
We are on the NPS Framework as one of the "Approved Agencies" to use in Wales and are very busy at the moment.
We have long term, short term, full-time and part-time hours available and will work with you to find the hours to suit your availability.
What qualifications do I need?
No relevant qualifications apart from GCSE passes (or equivalent) in both maths and English. However, a relevant NVQ/CACHE/BTEC, Higher Level Teaching Assistant or undergraduate degree would be beneficial and we do have roles available for Higher Level Teaching Assistants.
What skills or qualities do I need?
You will have an interest in teaching and supporting children, an abundance of patience and strong interpersonal skills. You must be empathetic and sensitive to the additional challenges that a young person may be facing that affects their learning.
What experience do I need?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child based experience through anyone of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor
- Sports Coach
- Volunteering as part of university study
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU's)
- Children Care Homes
- ALN/SEND Schools
- Independent Living Departments
What registrations do I need to hold?
An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service and registration with the EWC (Education Workforce Council). A new DBS can be processed through Educate.
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free Teaching Assistant training from our own experienced team of staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted PGCE/SCITT opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
- Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on 01978 281881.