ABC Teachers are seeking Leicester based qualified Teaching Assistants, looking to work within an SEN school, to start as soon as possible. Whether it be you're seeking flexible work alongside your other commitments or a full time and long-term role, please apply today!
- Relevant and referenceable experience of working within an SEN classroom or nursery setting (a minimum of 20 days experience within the last 5 years)
- A positive, proactive, can do attitude with the ability to work seamlessly within a team.
- The ability to adapt teaching methods to suit pupils with all abilities.
- A Level 2 or above Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable but not a requirement
- High level of time keeping and organisation skills.
About the school:
- The school provides education for pupils who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- The school is designated as a mixed academy but currently only has boys on roll. Pupils are aged between 7 and 16 with a total of 68 boys at present.
- The buildings are of a high standard, well maintained and provide an outstanding learning environment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be willing to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a video interview (due to Covid-19 we are unable to conduct face-to-face interviews).
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates' pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy` meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme (uncapped).
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Maisie Whitticase on