The Masters-level Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) promotes the philosophy of health that stresses individual responsibility in the application of behavioral and biomedical science, knowledge and techniques to the maintenance of health and the prevention of illness and dysfunction by a variety of self-initiated activities. The LCSW provides direct psycho-educational services, support and advocacy to chronic pain patients in an inter-disciplinary setting. The LCSW must have a strong background in clinical psychology and communications with effective interpersonal skills.
- Masters degree in the field of Psychology or Social Work
- Experience working in behavioral health preferred
- Knowledge in the following clinical areas: patient assessment, crisis management, writing and maintaining of progress notes, ability to make appropriate referrals and coordinate care, advocacy for patients and knowledge of state and federal laws regulating PHI (including HIPAA and CFR)
- Strong communication skills needed to work in a multi-disciplinary team and to make effective presentations
- Medicare certified preferred
- Flexibility to adapt to changing program needs
- Computer literate
- Must be willing to travel
- Administrative skills beneficial
- Providing direct behavioral health services individually or in a group format to patients referred by their LAGS provider. Utilizing the approved 12-session curriculum, attempt to help patients improve the quality of their lives and their level of functioning by:
- Increasing patients’ awareness of the relationship between chronic pain, mood and stress.
- Increasing patients’ capacity to self-manage chronic pain symptoms through lifestyle changes; utilizing mindfulness/meditation techniques, proper nutrition, and increased activity/mobility so that they may rely less on narcotic medications.
- Introducing patients to and encouraging the use of complementary forms of pain management; making referrals for acupuncture, physical therapy and mental health services.
- Participate in monthly meetings as a member of LAGS Pain Committee.
- Educate LAGS staff and medical providers in any psychological/clinical issues as they arise and as scheduled by the regional manager.
- The LCSW may be asked to perform other assigned task within their scope of practice and competence.
Lags Medical Centers is the primary care musculoskeletal provider for Portland, Oregon, and California's Ventura County, Central Coast, Central Valley, and Bay Area. Lags' commitment to total wellness and holistic healing is rooted in the use of non-invasive, ethical, and cost effective treatment plans that help patients manage and alleviate pain.
Lags has a 15 year record of working closely with community health centers, community healthcare providers and insurers to create meaningful relationships with patients and treatment plans that work.
Lags Medical Centers provide treatment options for patients that focus on total wellness. Our treatments are intended to be restorative, minimally invasive and avoid the expenses of long term medications.
In California's Ventura County, Central Coast and Central Valley, Lags works closely with county community health centers, as well as Concentra in Fresno. We have become the preferred provider in pain management for the regions' medi-Cal populations and now Lags has opened the first Oregon facility in Portland.
Role: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Apply for this job now.