QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
My client, a rapidly-growing Chicago-based company on the forefront of the clean food movement, transforming center store grocery aisles with products made from simple, whole food, nutrient dense ingredients. They currently boast the #1 bestselling natural baking mix, the #1 bestselling natural cracker, and the #2 bestselling natural cookie.
The company’s mission is to provide simple, wholesome, convenient foods that taste great; eliminate processed, artificial, GMO, high-carbohydrate, nutrition-empty ingredients; and both support and encourage healthy eating habits. It’s that Simple.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position within the manufacturing and quality team. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will report up to the Director of Quality Assurance, and is responsible for supporting the Quality team members in their day-to-day execution and adherence to the Quality Management and Food Safety System.
- Supports the QA department to maintain high standards of quality by assisting with document management, program development and laboratory testing
- Supervise production runs at manufacturing sites to assure finished product Quality
- Manages the Certificate of Analysis (COA) program
- Manages the Corrective Action/Preventive action program for all inputs (Supplier, co-manufacturers and consumer complaints)
- Assist the Director of QA with the supplier management program execution (document management, audit closure, scheduling and communication)
- Executes internal sensory panel studies and employee tests under guidance from the Director of Quality Assurance and according to protocols
- Manages inventory of product samples, small equipment and a retain sample library
- Evaluates retained samples to confirm compliance to internal specifications and maintains database of results
- Sets-up and executes product quality evaluations, this includes; physical set-up of product evaluation, measurement of product attributes, evaluation of sensory attributes, data collection and data reporting
- Understands and identifies non-conforming raw materials, semi-finished and finished foods
- Partners with 3rd party laboratories to set up testing requirements and manage results
- Works under the direction of the Director of QA to develop and run standard Excel reports
- Inspects products for safety, product quality, and packaging quality
- Monitors, records, and verifies Quality related documents
- Oversees the receipt of shipments of product samples and ingredients from manufactures and warehouses
- Assists with customer complaint data analysis and reviews by maintaining appropriate records, retains and follow-up completion
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years’ related experience working in a food production environment
- The position requires 20 – 40% travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other applications as needed; specifically, candidates must have an intermediate PowerPoint proficiency, and strong Excel skills (ability to structure and analyze data, manipulate pivot tables, create trackers, and utilize basic functions)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also effectively manage and execute changes
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
- Good communication, writing, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- A passion for natural food and healthy eating as well as a desire to change the way we think about ingredient labels
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.
Coyote Technical & Executive Sourcing provides recruiting and staffing services. Our team of result-oriented professionals possesses experience in diverse industries, which means our placements range from blue-collar machinists to high-level executives.
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.
Role: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Apply for this job now.