Industry leading custom compounder of specialty polymers has an immediate opening for a Polymer Researh Scientist / Technical Manager. The Tech Mgr is the Chief Technical Officer for the business as such he/she provides leadership to all R&D within the total organization. This includes the Color Lab, Innovation and Quality departments, function and staff.
The major focus of the Technology departments is to provide safe, quality products and procedures which meet or exceed customers expectations. New product and technology development is critical so a successful candidate needs to be a technical expert with engineering resins (Nylon, Polyester, PC, PEEK and the like ). This person will be or have worked for a resin manufacturer, polymer compounder or a color house. Some examples might include: Dow, DuPont, Lyondell Basell, SABIC, A. Schulman, Americhem, Ampacet, BASF, PolyOne, RTP.
This position requires:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (preferably in eng or chemistry).
* Minimum of 5 (prefer 10+) years experience working with polymers) - Engineering grade material experience strongly desired.
* Must have a strong technical aptitude of polymer formulation chemistry
* Color, additives and masterbatch compounding desired.
* Strong leadership/mentoring skills
Role: Polymer Research Scientist / Technical Mgr
Apply for this job now.