Company: UNITED ELECTRIC SUPPLY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Who we are:
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with 18 locations across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia, United Electric is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned general line distributor of sophisticated electrical design and application products and systems. We have some of the best in their fields working for us, and we are known for the superior knowledge of our employee-owners and the outstanding service they provide to our customers.
We're looking for the newest member to join our Accounting Team! This person will focus primarily on Accounts Payable BUT will also be cross trained in Accounts Receivable and Billing to set them up to gain experience and grow within the department. The ability to work in a team setting is a must, as well as, have a passion for (internal) Customer Service.
- Process vendor stock invoices received at the branch and Corporate email account.
- Reviewing for pricing, quantity, terms, and remittance
- Backup Accounts Payable E-Mail Account Monitoring
- Review all correspondence received in the Corporate Accounts Payable e-mail. Invoices, statements, and requests for payment are to be directed to this address - 2 team members review this queue.
- Cash Box Journals
- Monitor and process cash box journals and reconcile accounts.
- Cash Application
- Serve as backup for Eclipse cash application when heavy workload or coverage for vacation.
- Process Direct Billing Invoices
- Serve as backup for billing in Eclipse using EDI invoice queue.
- Research and process SPJ credits for the Company.
- Monitor and track AP Unbilled report to ensure credits received within corporate guidelines.
- Review details of Weekly UPS bill.
- Generate Monthly EDI status and department productivity data.
- Download Monthly Corporate Purchases for review and Upload into ERP System.
- Migrating vendors to EDI invoicing or e-mailed invoices and from checks to credit cards or ACH - all team members perform.
- Work with Accounting Manager to implement system enhancements and features to streamline accounting processes.
- Serve as backup for Processing EDI Stock invoices.
- Performs other duties as obvious or assigned.
- 2 - 3 years of accounting experience (A/P, A/R, Billing).
- Advanced Excel knowledge and/or the willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.