Looking for senior to mid-level developer capable of working with business Managers and translate to technical solutions. This person must have Pensions Schedules/Calculations programming background or have deep knowledge of Vitech Benefit Administration Systems. This person should have a strong background in database PLSQL/T-SQL programming, understanding complex data models, and fine-tuning. The person also have background with web development technologies like Java/PHP etc
- Developing Oracle PL/SQL Packages/Procedures/Functions that include collections, ref-cursors to pass the data between Java applications/Reports and the database.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business users and create functional specifications and design documents.
- Create and maintain data loads and business rules.
- Tune SQL queries for better application and system performance.
- Create JasperSoft/Crystal reports.
- Maintain existing application using Java, HTML/CSS and PHP.
- Development of Queries/Packages/Stored Procs in SQL Server.
- College Degree.
- 6 or more years prior experience.
- Experience working on work-flow systems a plus.
- Proactive and energetic personality.
- Open to new technologies and learning new things.
- Experience in Pension Calculation programming experience a plus.
- Experience with data science technology like Hadoop/ R a plus.
in 1943, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company is now recognized as one of the nation's leading providers of high quality life, health and worksite/voluntary insurance solutions. The Company's high quality claims management and fiscal stability have earned it over 40 consecutive A.M. Best "A" (Excellent) ratings, as well as six consecutive placements on the "Ward's 50" list of the nation's top performing insurance companies. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Amalgamated Life is an employee-centered organization with a robust, highly-competitive employee benefits and compensation package. Employees enjoy a pleasant, modern workplace environment, which features state-of-the-art technology, onsite cafe and fitness facilities. The Company sponsors many nonprofit and charitable endeavors and supports its employees' participation in these worthwhile causes. Amalgamated Life is a member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies.
Amalgamated Life takes pride in the competitive and extensive benefit programs that are offered to our full-time employees. Amalgamated Life's benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance
Disability Coverage: Short-Term ; Long-Term Plans
Life Insurance Coverage
Fidelity Goal Planner After-Tax Savings Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care
Fitness Gym Membership Discounts
e-TRAC (New York)
Time off Benefits: Vacation, Sick
Days, Personal Days, Holidays
Opt-Out Reimbursement Program
Employee Referral Award Program
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices. Este Empleador Participaen E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.
Role: Senior Oracle Developer
Location: White Plains,
Apply for this job now.