Estimator required for London based resideintal contractor covering various sites throughout the city and southern home counties.
OUr client work on refurb and new build residenital projects valued from £50,000 to £1.5m
- Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- Visiting project sites
- Work closely with key members of the project team and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Keeping detailed records and writing reports.
Membership of a relevant professional body. Relevant bodies to include either the Association of Cost Engineers (ACostE), which requires you to have studied an engineering qualification, or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Skills for this position
- Strong Numeracy
- Attention to detail
- A methodical approach to work
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking, relationship-building and influencing skills
- Organisation and time management
- Problem solving.