Company: APEX PHYSICS PARTNERS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Alyzen Medical Physics is an innovative and expanding medical physics consulting group currently searching for a board-certified medical dosimetrist to join our team. This is an ON-SITE position located in Russellville, AR. The ideal candidate is proficient with both Pinnacle and Monaco treatment planning systems, as well as Mosaiq R&V.
- Develop radiation treatment plans in consultation with members of the radiation oncology team.
- Advise oncology team members how beam modifying, or immobilization devices should be used in radiation treatment plans.
- Calculate or verify calculations of prescribed radiation doses.
- Conduct radiation oncology related research, such as improving computer treatment planning systems or developing new treatment devices.
- Design the arrangement of radiation fields to reduce exposure to critical patient structures, such as organs, using computers, manuals, and guides.
- Educate patients regarding treatment plans, physiological reactions to treatment, or post-treatment care.
- Record patient information, such as radiation doses administered, in patient records.
- Light travel to cover PTO when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of radiation oncology.
- Accurately delineates organs at risk and develops optimal treatment plans in accordance with the physician's prescription and constraint form.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Works well independently and in team environments.
- Ability to stay focused and organized in a high-volume facility.
- Superior level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a positive and safe working environment for the customers serviced.
Education and Experience Required:
- CMD Certification by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences / Medical Dosimetry or related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Medical Dosimetrist in a progressive radiation oncology facility
- Treatment planning systems: Pinnacle 9.10 (upgrading to Monaco in next few months)
- Treatment Machine: Elekta Synergy
- Record and Verify: Mosaiq
- External Beam Planning: conventional planning, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SBRT, and SRS.
- Independent Monitor Unit Check: Rad Calc
Powered by JazzHR