At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive – people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, centralized sales lending officers (CSLOs) have access to industry leading products and services, award-winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. CSLOs work with new and existing Bank of America clients in our contact centers. They uncover client needs and match them to lending solutions and companion products - all as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conforming to all federal and state compliance policies, and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a centralized sales lending officer, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• Using multiple system applications to navigate enterprise products and recommend solutions sourced via inbound and outbound sales leads.
• Skillfully crafting lending solutions with companion products and pricing that result in client sales while maintaining a high level of delight.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Has 1+ year sales contact center experience.
• Has a strong relationship-deepening and client care mentality.
• Has a strong knowledge of loan products (conventional, jumbo and government).
• Has an ability to assess client needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services.
• Is proficient in all platform systems used within the environment and/or aptitude in system technologies.
• Has an ability to work under pressure during high volumes.
• Has an ability to build and maintain positive rapport with service partners.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Has adaptability and is flexible to change.
• Is a strong communicator, verbally, non-verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates solid sales production over a sustained time frame.
• Has an ability to handle multiple lines of business and models to support changing business needs.
• Independently works with other business partners to expedite post-sale issues or problem resolution.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
• The ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
• Strong consultative skills including the ability to ask critical questions to identify opportunities.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
• Bilingual - Spanish Required
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: