Fuji Oil seeks a Plant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to create these reports in MS Word and convey in MS Outlook.
SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates Refinery and CBE Production, Maintenance, Logistics, Water Treatment, Human Resources, Safety, Environmental, Information Technology (IT), Plant Related Insurance Issues, Kosher Compliance, Organic Compliance, and all Governmental Issues of a food processing plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the plant to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals for the above mentioned departments.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the plant.
- Schedule and conduct Manager meetings with all departments in addressing all plant needs.
- Assist staff and all Department Managers to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Insure proper reporting of plant processing and maintenance activities and results.
- Review customer orders and both Refinery and CBE Production levels to insure proper match.
- Insure the physical plant is maintained at a high level of reliability and cleanliness and in compliance with good manufacturing practices and Food Safety regulations.
- Prepare and present the plant administration department budgets and forecast the financial performance. Accountable for all Production, Maintenance, and Water Treatment financial results.
- Work in cooperation with the Sales and R & D staff to develop new products and customers to support the growth and profitability of the company.
- Represent FVO in Georgia Port Authority, Vopak Terminal, and Colonial Terminal matters.
- Insure plant compliance with all Environmental Regulations both federal and state (EPA and DNR).
- Insure Plant compliance with all OSHA Safety regulations and training requirements.
- Development and maintain both hardware and software IT requirements for the plant.
- Represent the Company on the Vegetable Oil National Coalition (ISEO) based in Washington DC.
- Represent FVO on the Savannah Spill Response Corporation (SSRC).
- Function as FVO's registered agent in Georgia.
- Coach and provide career development advice to subordinates to include annual goals and performance reviews.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes - Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Fuji Vegetable Oil, Inc. is a leader in the production of ingredients for the food industry. Established in 1987, Fuji Vegetable Oil has continued to grow as a major supplier of specialty fats and oils.
Our fats and oils will be produced at our new state-of-the-art refinery facilities in New Orleans. Our products found in products used in the confectionary and baking industries across North America. You will find our products in a variety of quality foods, from the finest chocolates to gourmet cakes. In addition, we provide a multitude of products to industrial end users. Our raw material comes from sustainable sources and include all the palm and palm kernel fractions along with coconut and liquid oils.
The scientists at our research center are constantly working to develop and improve our specialty fats and oils. Our pilot plant also provides our customers with a secure environment to test and sample new products and formulas.
Our company is dedicated to delivering only the best quality products and service.
Role: PLANT MANAGER
Location: New Orleans,
Apply for this job now.