Join SAIC's Information Technology (IT) Support Services Team in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) of the US Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) Communications Directorate (A6). This opportunity places you at the tip of the spear for Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Defensive Cyber Operations supporting the warfighter in the Southwest Asia area.
USAFCENT is the air component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a regional unified command. USAFCENT, in concert with its coalition, joint and interagency partners, delivers decisive air and space power on behalf of USCENTCOM for the security and stability of the Southwest Asia (SWA) region. The USAFCENT NOSC delivers cyberspace command and control (C2) superiority to the warfighter by engineering, implementing, securing, managing, operating and maintaining USAFCENT's Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet), USCENTCOM Partner Networks (CPN-X), and associated C2 networks, systems and services.
The USAFCENT NOSC executes the full-spectrum of IT services management and operations for USAFCENT networks 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week (24/7); and is tasked by USCENTCOM to provide information assurance (IA) boundary intrusion detection and intrusion prevention for USCENTCOM components. Comprised of NOSC operations, operations support, cybersecurity, network engineering, and command support functions, the USAFCENT NOSC plans, engineers, installs, integrates, operates and maintains, protects and manages enterprise-wide network and systems architecture, infrastructure and services; and provides enterprise-level oversight to its subordinate and supported communications support activities.
Candidates will be working at Shaw AFB, SC and/or Lackland AFB, TX. Frequent temporary duty (TDY) and/or deployment travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR is required to support sustainment, site surveys, installations, upgrades, integration, testing, troubleshooting and other mission-related requirements.
The candidate for this position provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, provides imaginative, thorough, and practicable solutions consistent with organization objectives, possesses complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field, has general knowledge of other related disciplines, and provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
The Senior Storage & Virtualization Systems Engineer:
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, test, deploy and maintain hosted VMware products, Virtual Storage (Access Control and VMFS data stores) and ESXi Servers.
- Ensure and maintain enterprise backups are executed by configuring appropriately scheduled back up jobs.
- Have a strong background in SAN Storage, and IT Support. Actively demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting and Interpersonal skills with a customer focused approach.
- Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents.
- Have working knowledge of High availability, Clustering, VMotion, and Storage VMotion.
- Create and manage network Managing Tasks, Events and Alarms.
- Use advanced technical writing skills to develop and update IT systems concept of operations and engineering plans.
- Maintain and troubleshoot enterprise trouble ticketing system. Utilize tool capability to enhance USAFCENT NOSC Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) efforts.
- Assist with enterprise database SQL tasks (i.e. DISA STIGs) as determined by the USAFCENT NOSC.
- Perform analysis for collaboration of network / system needs and participate in planning, designing, upgrading and deployment of enterprise datacenter hardware and software using a project based timeline.
- Coordinate and provide direction to users on the implementation of the PKI at the user level.
- Validate user certificates associated with Commercial Exchange accounts were properly stored in the GAL.
- Work with deployed locations to maintain a stock of PKI soft-tokens for use until the full implementation of the Common Access Card (CAC) is successful in the USAFCENT AOR.
- Coordinate with other USAFCENT components to ensure USAFCENT forces receiving e-mail support from other components are capable of using PKI successfully.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In lieu of a degree, four (4) years of additional experience is required. In lieu of a degree, four (4) years of additional experience is required. In addition the following certifications and skills are required: Security + or CCNA-Sec, VCA, MCSE Server Infrastructure, CCENT, ITIL Foundation. Desired Qualifications
ITIL 4 Foundation certification or any ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. Any equivalent IAT-II certification, if not the certification listed above.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. - provided by Dice