Essential Job Functions:
- Create and update a bill of materials (for actual material and purchased services) for all R&D projects and expedite the purchasing process when necessary.
- Create, status and update various MS Project Plans for R&D Engineering projects, gather data to update plans, post standardized visuals, and update standardized trackers in a visual form and post on a weekly basis.
- Attend project team meetings in order to update project plans, to do lists, bill of materials tracker, risk registers, and execute SOW’s and PO’s, when needed.
- Provide R&D Leadership risk status using standardized format twice a week. Should be expert level Microsoft Project, Excel and comfortable working with and speaking to the team.
- The Material Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Create, update bill of material tracker and expedite when needed.
- Create, as necessary, and maintain R&D project plans.
- Update and Post R&D visual forms in association with R&D projects.
- Standardized visuals include TRL Burn-Down Plan & MRL Burn-Down Plan and Milestone progress trackers.
- Update TRL/MRL status visual and post weekly
- Update and Post Standard Factory OBEYA standardized milestone trackers in visual form once per week in association with R&D projects.
- Print and post financials at the start of each month in the R&D OBEYA.
- Standardized trackers include Budget & Material tracking as well as Resource Spend
- Assess monthly financial expectations, Latest Estimates, based upon project plan progress and resource utilization.
- Update and provide R&D Leadership risk status twice a week (Tuesday/ Friday) in a standardized visual form for TRL/MRL progression and milestones across R&D Projects.
Secondary Job Functions:
· Support project owners and program managers to quote work packages and new business opportunities.
· Participate in technical reviews within knowledge base to accurately close work packages.
· Develop work instructions to implement best practices / lessons learned and ensure repeatability.
· Collaborate, mentor, and train other QuEST team members.
· Bachelors Degree
· Experience working on their own in fast paced environment; Great communications skills, must be social-able and approachable as well as outgoing and able to attain information from multiple customers and teams in a timely manner without guidance while holding those teams accountable to their budget/SOW needs based on a schedule.
· Microsoft Office - Expert Level MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Detail-oriented, critical thinking, ability to challenge traditional methods, question basic requirements of system to push envelope of performance and reliability, open to new ideas.
· Excellent communication skills; ability to work with subject matter experts and seek cross-functional alliances.
· Strong teamwork, communication, and problem solving skills are required.
· Self-motivated, disciplined, passionate, and organized.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Great interpersonal and networking skills.
· Ownership and accountability for responsibilities.
Core Value Alignment:
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
· Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
· Teamwork:Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
· Accountability:We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
· Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
Typical Career Paths
· Technical Leadership: provide technical guidance, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
· Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and on board, and strategic business decision-making.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
· Office Environment
· Common activities include sitting, walking, and standing.
· Substantial amounts of customer interaction with telephone and computer work.
· Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
· Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks (core hours are 9AM to 4PM).
· Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Chula Vista, CA
About QuEST Global:
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST's culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, ad Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST is a global company and employs the best of talent across geographies India, North America, UK, Spain, Italy and Australia.
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AAE
Role: R&D Materials Manager
Location: Chula Vista,
Apply for this job now.