Do you wish you worked for a company that really cares about its employees? Our multi-award winning organisation is looking for a General Assistant to join our Catering and Hospitality team in the Stanmore area.
This role is part-time (35 hours per week) on a rota basis, working 5 hours a day over 5 out of 7 days, which including evening and weekend work. The morning shift is 8am-1pm and the afternoon shift is 2.30pm-7.30pm. On top of earning competitive rates of pay (£9.47 per hour) you'll receive some excellent benefits including an enhanced pension scheme and free life assurance.
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
What you'll be doing
You'll have a key role ensuring we deliver an excellent standard of food and service for our customers, creating an inviting and pleasant environment. Your core duties will involve:
- Basic food preparation including vegetables, salads and sandwiches
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and presentable catering environment
- Getting food counter and dining areas ready for service
- Serving hot & cold food and beverages
- Operating till and cashing up when required
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service through regular cotact with the service users ensuring that their needs are met
Who we're looking for
You'll ideally have the following:
- Knowledge of food safety level 2
- Knowledge of infection control including Covid procedure
- Knowledge of health & safety
- Great communication skills, confident speaking to a range of people and able to present yourself with a sunny personality and effortlessly communicate with our service users
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake appropriate training (e.g. Supervision, NVQ Training)
- Willingess to go the 'extra mile'
Why you'll love working with us
No matter how old or young you are, if you want to make a difference where it's needed most, see what we have to offer. On top of providing competitive rates of pay, we give some excellent benefits including: 4% employer contribution pension, training and progression opportunities, free meals, childcare vouchers, eye tests, employee referral bonus, a generous mileage allowance for work - the list goes on!
If you want to work for a great company within a friendly team then apply today!