- This position will administer, maintain, design, develop and implement of manufacturing systems with SQL/Oracle Databases as well as the end user-facing database systems such as Sharepoint and JIRA.
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is the core system to our manufacturing production lines and the main role of this position is to keep this system running reliably with the best performance and with no downtime.
- Administer and maintain existing reports and create custom reports on internal systems (MES, WMS, ERP, PLM, etc.).
- Write scripts to automate repeating processes and reports.
- Develop and maintain analytical reports (dashboards, email) for operational and management teams.
- Administer and maintain the databases (SQL, Oracle) for integrity, performance, capacity and security.
- Ensure that storage, archiving, backup & recovery are fit and functioning correctly.
- Conduct capacity planning for future growth and identify areas to improve overall database performance.
- 10 plus years of experiences in relational database design, including procedures, functions, views, keys, indexes and the ability to integrate disparate data sources.
- Be able to quickly learn and understand about internal systems (MES, WMS, ERP, and more) and act as a liaison to HQ for any issues reported to IT.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excel in communication orally and in writing with operators, engineers, and oversea (Korea) supports.
- Troubleshoot issues related to MES system including working with PLC group to troubleshoot PLC communications to MES.
- Support the design, development and implementation of new functions on MES systems or any new systems.
- Administer existing reports as well as create custom analytical reports per request.
- Excel in scripting languages such as RMAN and Powershell.
- Excel in reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) or others
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly via the development, management, and testing of back-up and recovery plans.
- Conduct capacity planning for future growth and identify areas to improve performance via query/database tuning.
Since entering the lithium-ion battery business in 2000, Samsung SDI has established itself as a leader in the field by constantly developing market-leading technologies and products. It has established the trust of its customers by actively responding to the demands of its customers and the market. Samsung SDI also introduced the Manufacturing Execution System, which an excellent system based on the spirit of prioritizing quality. The company has ranked number one* in terms of the global market share of the lithium-ion batteries since 2010 through continuous technological innovation and market-driven activities, and it has established itself as a global leader of the lithium-ion battery market.
Role: Database Systems Administrator
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.