Offering a friendly working environment, a competitive rate of pay, and an engaging and varied position within an established company, we are looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to join our team in Newton Le Willows.
H&M Distribution, a well-respected distribution company, was formed in January 2007, offering transport and warehousing services out of our Warrington facility in the North West of England. Due to business growth, we have continued to grow opening depots in St. Neots and Gloucester.
The Health, Safety and Compliance Manager is a key member of the management team, primarily responsible for monitoring, maintaining and continually reviewing H&M Distribution's Occupational Health & Safety Management system - creating and championing a safety culture throughout the business.
As the leader of this function, the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will positively direct, drive and communicate plans on health, safety and compliance in an effective manner ensuring best practice and regulatory standards are maintained and continuously developed across all depots.
Travel to our depots will be required.
Role Responsibilities - Health, Safety and Compliance Manager:
- Demonstrate proactive leadership by maintaining and reviewing the integrity of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHS)
- Ensure all Health, Safety & regulatory breaches are investigated by the Management team in a timely manner to ensure they are understood and prevented
- Maintain knowledge of the OHS management system and ensure compliance with the applicable ISO45001 standard
- Ensure operational knowledge and compliance of the management system is a key objective of all the Management at all depots
- Ensure proactive use of Entropy (compliance system) by all team members to capture non conformances of stated services, opportunities for improvements, accidents and near misses
- Continuously undertake H&S and legal audits and inspections of the OHS Management system
- Review non-conformances, accidents and near misses to determine causes and report on trends/characteristics, corrective/preventative actions and follow up on agreements made
- Monitor and update health, safety and compliance policies, procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- Ensure adequate processes and training are in place to ensure company equipment and vehicles are kept in a good and safe working order
- Implement emergency procedures when required
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, in a high-risk industry, with a proven history of success
- Minimum NEBOSH General