Due to a number of promotions and retirements, a small secondary school in Leyland is excited to be advertising for a new wave of Learning Support Assistants. If you are dedicated, flexible, open-minded, and want to be part of a thriving, lively, successful team then we want to hear from you. This role could be the ideal next step in your career. Your role will include working in various classes giving support to students with special educational needs and/or disability. The successful candidate will be patient and calm preferably with experience in an educational environment or working with people with differences.
34 hours per week (8am-3.30pm), temp to perm, term time only
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties
• To work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff to implement agreed work programmes
• To assist the teacher in the planning cycle and the management and preparation of resources
• To provide support for teaching staff across the school in an appropriate learning environment
• To assist with the integration of pupils with special educational needs and/or supporting a small group or on an individual basis within the classroom or on a withdrawal basis
• To be an integral part of the school, working in close partnership with all staff Planning
• To assist with the development and implementation of Access Plans
• To work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate
• To provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
• To monitor and evaluate pupils' responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre-determined learning objectives
• To be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the teacher, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested
Why work with us?
"We have high aspirations for everyone, not just the students. Colleagues are highly respected and we work hard to make sure that everyone feels valued and part of the team. We're a school that is constantly improving and we are excited at being part of that journey."
In addition, other benefits of working at this school
• Good teaching and learning facilities on a spacious, green and open school site
• Excellent public transport links
• Extensive CPD
Closing date: 9am 11th July 2021