Quality Engineer (Supplier)
25 days holiday and bonus
35 - 40K Corby
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a QUALITY ENGINEER for a Kettering based multiple site manufacturing organisation. Large automotive Tier 1 which is currently still managing to go from strength to strength. They are looking for a quality engineer with supplier and PPAP experience
As their QUALITY ENGINEER you will be joining a fast-paced manufacturing facility, reporting into the Quality Manager, you will liaise with customers and plant on all quality issues. This is a fantastic opportunity, for a strong QUALITY ENGINEER to join a successful Company, who continue to grow and expand, even despite recent difficult times.
Purpose of Job
Responsible for Product Quality and the resolution of Plant Quality issues, both external & internal, involving liaison with Customers and Supplier representatives and internal departments as appropriate, to ensure timely resolution of concerns. Responsible for stopping production if appropriate during investigations.
- Liaison with Customer & Supplier representatives to ensure understanding of requirements / issues / standards
- Customer Liaison and co-ordination of requirements with sales, engineering, manufacturing, logistic, purchasing and accounts
- Observe and maintain quality standards as per work instructions / samples / QMS document control
- Support Coaching / Mentoring of personnel to assist in their on the job training and understanding
- Monitoring & ensuring customer complaints are dealt with in a timely manner
- Participating in Quality & Productivity Continuous improvements & the promotion of team problem solving
- Participation in any other activity that is required by the needs of the business where skills and training allow
- Conduct / involvement in APQP/Control Plan/FMEA/ Calibration / QMS
- Perform Audit activities in line with company Audit Timing Plan
Key Supplier duties
• Liaison with customers (internal and external) and supplier representatives to ensure the approval of parts at the agreed submission level and standard.
• Obtain, control and administrate or support customer and supplier PPAP submissions
• Conduct/involvement in APQP, Control Plan, PFMEA & QMS activities
• Perform internal audits in line with company audit plan
• Identification of non-compliance or improvement opportunities via product or system audits.
• Ensure approval of parts via customer approval process.
• Keep records of PPAP status.
- Supplier and PPAP experience
- Happy to travel when required
- Experience dealing with automotive Tier 1