Recruitment Direct UK Ltd is looking to recruit an HGV 2 tanker driver/Labourer to work for our client based in Forfar preferably with class 2 driving experience.
Standard hours of work are 37 hours per week Mon-Fri.
Core hours 7am - 7pm but would be looking for start time between 7-8am.
This post will be temporary cover for up to 3 months.
The candidate needs to be fully versed in the relevant transport legislation for HGV with the ability to competently use a digital tachograph.
There is a large degree of apps/technology on phones and tablets that they would need to have confidence and ability to use without much assistance.
The work itself is working with sewage sludge so this job is not for everyone. The post involves a lot of manual handling so the candidates would need to be physically fit. You may also be asked to work as a 2nd man/labourer alongside another driver so would need to be able to work as part of a team.
Previous experience working with vacuum tankers would be preferred, but not essential.
To be successful in securing the role, the candidate is required to:
- Hold a category C driving entitlement.
- Have a valid Digital Driver Card
- Have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DCPC)
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise your work whilst maintaining a flexible approach to accommodate changing priorities.
- Have a strong focus on protection of the environment by following good working practice.
- Be able to build trust and credibility with customers who you interact with, acting as an ambassador for Scottish Water.
- Be a strong team player, who can work well with others to achieve common goals and have a willingness to learn from others.