With over 50 years in the concrete business, Doggett Concrete Construction works to give customers the greatest value by delivering the highest quality concrete construction services in Charlotte NC and across the Carolinas. Our dedication to our customers is reflected in the number of long-term relationships that we have built and continue to strengthen.
It is our mission to provide outstanding customer service, quality equipment, and personalized attention in concrete construction while acting in the best interest of our community, employees, customers, and vendors. Our core values include:
- Safety & Teamwork
- Customer Service
- Employees & their Families
- Community & Industry
Preconstruction Manager - Job Description
The Preconstruction Manager will be responsible for overseeing and supporting management with the coordination and preparation of projects within the Estimating Department. In this lead role the Precon Manager will be expected to guide the commercial estimating team while performing estimating duties. This “player/coach” will be responsible for the overall success of the estimating group and team development.
Select responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Review project plans, requirements, and specifications to evaluate project for bidding purposes.
• Create & manage bid funnel with accurate reporting to meet company expectations.
• Coordinate with Business Development, Project Managers and Superintendent during all phases of design to ensure estimates meet projects requirements.
• Complete and maintain prequalification paperwork as needed.
• Supervise workload of current estimating staff to meet yearly revenue goals.
• Manage, train, motivate and create framework for estimating department to increase output while achieving gross margin target.
• Review & perform accurate takeoffs, material pricing, and understand all bid documents and project risks.
• Prepare bid packages after comparing and analyzing competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
• Actively participate in design meetings in support of the Preconstruction Manager with owners and architects during the design development phase.
• Implement training and development programs to improve the preconstruction process and promote individual professional development.
• Develop and maintain existing client relationships before, during and after completion of projects.
· Work with all levels of organization to grow footprint throughout NC & SC.
· Assist with the recruitment & pre-qualification of new subcontractors.
· Assist with contract documents including spec & bid review, conceptual estimate creation, full responsibility of bidding process/bid analysis.
· Set the agenda and chair the project 'Hand-over” meeting to operations.
· Visit project before, during and after construction.
· Schedule and provide weekly updates to the Commercial Team as to the status of each project.
· Support remote company operations on all aspects of estimating process.
The successful Preconstruction Manager candidate will have the following:
• BS in Construction Management, Building Construction, Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years' experience in commercial construction, preferably in the local market with proven track record.
• Minimum of 5 years estimating experience in commercial construction.
• In depth knowledge of concrete construction methods which include podium design, SOG, post tension, tilt wall, CIP and pumping techniques.
• Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multitask.
• Must be a good leader with excellent written and oral communication skills with strong temperament for numerous personality types.
• Have a willingness to help others be pro-active in their work and business practices with honesty.
• Self-starter that is proficient in AutoCAD, PlanSwift, SAGE, Microsoft Office & new technologies.
• Total Station experience is a plus.
The qualified candidate will be compensated based on experience and market standards, with an excellent benefits package.
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Coverage Area: NC/SC
Travel: Within coverage area, minimal
Doggett Concrete Construction, established in 1964, is a mid-size concrete construction company operating in North and South Carolina. Our services include commercial and residential concrete new construction as well as stone shooting and waterproofing
Role: Preconstruction Manager
Apply for this job now.