Dentist Job Summary
We are seeking a general or pediatric dentist who enjoys working primarily with children to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for the oral health of your patients. You will perform procedures to diagnose and treat cavities, cracked or fractured teeth, and oral diseases. You will also administer medications and anesthetics for tooth extractions, composite fillings, pulpotomies and other surgical procedures.
The Duties and Responsibilities listed below are general practice guidelines however our staff is trained to take patient education and communication off your plate. In Missouri we are able to utilize Expanded Functions Dental Assistants to increase production and make your job easier. We are seeking part-time or full time dentists with several treatment/schedule options including in-office, Minimal/Moderate Oral Sedation, Hospital Based General Anesthesia and In-Office General Anesthesia. We can be flexible based on your interests.
Dentist Duties and Responsibilities
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Prescribe antibiotics and pain relieving medications
- Provide patient care for cracked or fractured teeth
- Perform procedures to treat decay and cavities
- Prepare and place fillings
- Perform general dentistry
- Interpret x-rays and diagnostic tests
- Sedate patients and administer anesthetics
- Perform tooth extractions
- Diagnose and treat oral diseases
- Create detailed treatment plans for patients
- Perform surgical procedures on teeth, bone, and soft tissues
- Educate patients on aftercare and answer questions
Dentist Requirements and Qualifications
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. from a school accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and American Dental Association
- Licensed to practice in state
- Certification in CPR
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Compassionate and caring of patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
- Complies with all office, local, state, and American Dental Association regulations, protocols, and procedures
- All other State Specific certifications applied for, kept active and paid for
- Insurance credentialing, CAQH updates and attestations provided for you!
Our primary goal is to be the premier Pediatric-focused Dentists of Missouri, as well as to educate families, helping them to make informed decisions regarding their child's oral health.
We strive to deliver the highest quality dental care in a safe, compassionate and fun environment. Quality, Compassion, Kindness is the motto that guides our team.
Apply for this job now.