Weekend Duty Sister/Charge Nurse - (Surgical)
Salary: £45,000 Pro Rata
Permanent, Full time - 37.5hrs per week
Working Pattern: flexible hours
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Weekend Duty Sister/Charge Nurse (Surgical) to join their team.
The hospital is an elective care hospital, registered for 17 beds and 4 operating theatres, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions. The hospital has a particular emphasis on Plastic /Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country's leading NHS and Private Consultants using their facilities.
As a Weekend Duty Sister/Charge Nurse - (Surgical), you will provide support to the ward team and management team in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards. You will ensure that standards of patient care are always consistently maintained and in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hold responsibility for the ward team at the weekends and for the provision of a high-quality clinical care environment to agreed standards and objectives.
- Act as Duty Clinical Manager in charge of the hospital during weekends and liaise with the Director of Clinical Services and Theatre Manager where necessary.
- When necessary to ensure the hospital is closed securely at the weekends and the correct channels of communication are in place for incoming calls to the hospital.
- Assist with implementation, monitoring and evaluating standards of care.
- Provide support and guidance for members of staff.
- NMC Registered Nurse - Adult (Essential).
- Substantial post-registration acute surgical nursing experience - minimum 4 years at Band 6 or equivalent level (Essential).
- Teaching & Assessing / Mentorship qualification (Essential).
- Excellent problem-solving ability and confident decision maker (Essential).
- Post-registration specialty course / qualification (Desirable).
- The Hospital is closed for the bank holiday's over Xmas and Easter.
- Travel permit Loan.
- Pension and Life Insurance.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on [... Click Apply...]for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.