About the Company:
Our client is a multi-award-winning manufacturer of some of the world's most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices. Their evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures their mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of their users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, they make mobility possible.
They are now looking for a Finance Assistant, to support the Finance teams based at the Head Office in Basingstoke, in preparing financial information to support Group activities, including internal management information and external statutory accounts.
The successful applicant will develop strong working relationships internally, as well as with the suppliers externally in order to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting in preparing the group monthly management accounts data pack including trend analysis
- Monthly journal postings, prepayments, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting budget and weekly/quarterly forecasting processes by assisting controller team in collating and interpreting data
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant in the preparation of year end accounts for limited companies and the collation of financial information for the preparation of corporate tax returns
- Assisting in the year end audit process e.g. preparing auditor schedules, sourcing underlying documentation to support auditor information requests etc.
- Supporting the Head of FP&A and the Group Financial Controller with other ad-hoc finance projects as required including but not limited to, cost base reviews, sales trend analysis and headcount reporting
Finance Assistant Requirements:
- Ideally AAT qualified or equivalent
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Proven experience of delivering financial information for management and statutory purposes and will be confident in taking ownership of posting journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and organised in their approach and be able to prioritise tasks to varying deadlines.
- Accounting experience within a manufacturing environment and experience using Infor Syteline, TM1/Cognos Analytics and Power BI would be beneficial.
What Can They Offer You?
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior finance assistant to gain a breadth of experience across their finance department, with the potential for further career development.
In return, they offer a competitive salary package, excellent benefits including an early finish on a Friday and the opportunity to work in their prestigious head office, as part of a successful, experienced accounts team.
If you think that you are suitable for this Finance Assistant role, please apply now!