The Project Manager (PM) typically handles the day-to-day management responsibilities of one or more projects. The PM works closely with the Superintendent, the Project Engineer(s), the Project Coordinator and the Project Accountant on a daily basis. A PM's responsibilities generally continue through the project's duration and include:
- Reviews project plans,
- Develops the project schedule;
- Establishes project scope of work;
- Identifies long lead items;
- Participates in project kickoff, pre-construction, construction, and RFP meetings;
- Project set-up;
- Selects vendors, negotiates and awards subcontracts and major purchase orders;
- Reviews all project documents;
- Issues owner insurance requirements, construction documents and drawings, subcontractor documents, permits, billings, and close out documents;
- Works closely with the Superintendent to detect errors and omissions on plans, specification, submittals and shop drawings, and insures all policies and procedures are followed;
- Negotiates change orders;
- Maintains the company's relationship with the owner, project architect and other consultants while encouraging other team members to develop and maintain relationships;
- Accounts for profitability, schedule compliance, field and office quality assurance, customer satisfaction and repeat business;
- Coordinates and prepares the Jobsite Meeting Minutes;
- Establishes residential division turnover and warranty procedures.
- Based in Orange County but able to travel to job sites throughout Southern California.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a GC Project Manager.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
- Scheduling software experience.
- Hospitality or high density multi-family unit project background.