We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a RedHat Linux Server EngineerA COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world's leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.OUR VALUES
Our key values - Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage - drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
The Server Engineer is responsible for provisioning, administering and supporting the company's server infrastructure to deliver true value to the organization by supporting clear business objectives with a stable, usable, right-sized and scalable platform. The individual will act as part of the Platforms Team to be responsible for providing a platform comprised of converged infrastructure, Active Directory, MS Exchange and Lync, hypervisors, Windows and Linux clusters and virtual machines,VDI, public cloud provisioning, DNS/DHCP, and related management toolsets. Obligations include production systems administration and support, architectural contribution, group collaboration, and integrating related technologies into the overall corporate infrastructure.
Candidates must possess a good understanding of infrastructure inner-workings and interoperability between virtual servers and applications, hosts and hypervisors, network communications, VPNs, Active Directory, information security concepts and practices, supporting systems for audit-ability, and production support.Primary Accountabilities
- Works as a contributor to IT Systems Administration and the transition of new and evolving server infrastructure and related technologies.
- Installs, configures, and provides support for server systems. Works to resolve critical system outages individually and as part of a team.
- Leverages automation tools and creates scripts to facilitate fast and consistent provisioning and overall management of the platform, its data and maintenance.
- Documents configurations and procedures, ensures new installations meet requirements and security standards, and ensures alignment with standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to project planning and management by supporting project managers as a resource in delivering technology solutions that support integrations, migrations, systems maintenance and recovery exercises.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
- 3+ years experience deploying and supporting Messaging related infrastructure, including MS Exchange, Lync/Skype and surrounding protocols and services including filtering, securing, routing and archiving messages.
- 3+ years experience deploying and supporting server technologies including Windows, RedHat Linux, and VMWare.
- Knowledge or experience with Office 365, Azure, Intune, Veritas Enterprise Vault, Citrix XenDesktop, SQL Server, EMC SAN are all pluses.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organizationMathematical Ability
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is typical of an open office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You'll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more...
To learn more, visit us at #removed#/mycareer
.Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
*CB - provided by Dice