JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £45000 - £55000/annum
Are you a fluent French speaking Accountant / Finance Manager, with exposure within a technology or manufacturing business? Are you looking for a company who can offer true stability and progression? Our client is seeking a talented Accountant who is very strong regarding Management Accounting and financial reporting of various channels.
In supporting the channels within the desired areas, the role would involve travel to one or more of France, Spain and Portugal approximately once a month for 2-3 days.
* Providing commercial and financial support to your channel General Manager and their management teams
* Leading cross functional projects within your channel to drive business efficiencies, improve reporting and increase value add of the Finance team's input to the business
* Responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of accounting records in compliance with Group policy, international accounting standards and local regulations
* Ensuring effective internal financial controls in all areas of your responsible channel and ensuring the channels are J-Sox compliant
* Management of budgeting and forecasting processes in your channel, ensuring delivery of information to Group timetables
* Management of your team to deliver key output and agreed service levels to internal and external customers in an efficient and effective manner, while developing the personal capabilities of your team
* Coordinating and ensuring timely preparation of management accounts, and quarterly and year-end statutory reporting packs to meet Group reporting deadlines
* Management of the external audit process and preparation of local tax and statutory accounts, as well as other periodic filings. Includes ensuring compliances with all VAT and local tax filings and deadlines
* Ensure timely supplier, VAT and expense payments through supervision of the European Finance Assistant
The ideal person
To be successful in securing the Finance Manager opportunity, you will be preferably degree level educated, plus be ACA,ACCA or CIMA qualified with 5-6 years post qualification experience. Exposure to Project Accounting would be a huge bonus for this position, coupled with substantial experience of preparing budgets and forecasts for senior management. Experience of the external audit process would be useful as would working knowledge of J-SOX requirements, although guidance would be given for people with less knowledge in these areas. Also experience of accounting software like Oracle, SAP or Sage would be advantageous, as well as advanced MS Excel skills.
Visit and follow Redline Group