- Are you a graduate with referable child based experience?
- Alternatively, do you have recent experience as a Youth Worker, Sports Coach, Teaching Assistant etc.?
- Would you like the opportunity to work across a range of secondary schools in the Chester area, covering classes and supporting students in their learning?
- Can you deliver a consistent approach whilst managing behaviour in a classroom environment?
The Educate Group work with a select number of Secondary High Schools across Chester; providing temporary and long-term cover across Key Stages 3,4 and 5. If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of teachers; we have walked in your shoes and worked in your world…
As a team, we have over 65 years combined teaching and senior leadership experience and taught across all education sectors. We use our understanding of the education system to help provide you with day-to-day, short and long-term opportunities in schools across the whole of North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire.
We have trained thousands of PGCE students who gained their Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and provide the necessary training and support to help aid the time you lost in the classroom through Covid-19.
You will often find us alongside our supply staff in schools and will provide you with experience, empathy and a platform to showcase your strengths in the hope of gaining permanent employment.
Who better to support you in your career?
What will I be expected to do?
Your role will involve supervising pupils whilst they complete academic work set by the Teacher in their absence. You will be expected to manage the classroom and the behaviour of pupils in line with the school's policy, respond to any questions that pupils might have about the process and collect any work at the end of each lesson.
What qualifications do I need?
A level 3 qualification (minimum) as well as having a good standard of Maths and English skills. A relevant teaching assistant or higher level teaching assistant qualification, PGCE or undergraduate degree would also be beneficial.
What skills or qualities do I need?
The schools we work with are looking for someone who is committed, confident and capable of dealing with classroom behaviour and expectations. A sense of humour, an abundance of patience and the ability to build relationships is key to succeeding in this role.
What experience do I need?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child based experience through anyone of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor, Sports Coach etc.
- Volunteering as part of university study or college course
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU's)
What registrations do I need to hold?
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service, but if you don't have one, you will have to apply for a new one through Educate
- If you wish to work in Wales, you will need to register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free training from our own team of experienced teaching staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated teachers and senior leaders
- Choice of day-to-day, short and lon