Title: Senior Software Engineer
Division: KYOCERA Document Solutions Development America, Inc.
Location: Concord, California
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Manager, Firmware Network
Summary of Job Duties:
· Design, develop, implement and maintain embedded firmware for Kyocera multi-function printers and copiers.
· Execute task specifications with necessary project timeframe.
· Provide analysis and training to staff about performance considerations/usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
· Debug and resolve networking issues relating to the products.
· Implement customer requests for existing products.
· Design and implement new features for next generation products.
· Unit test any modifications made.
· Enter and resolve Defect Reports using Defect Tracking Database.
· Update and maintain source code using specific versioning control systems.
· Work closely with QA to reproduce and debug issues reported.
· Keep abreast of new products and technologies as they are introduced.
· Excellent programming ability in C/C++
· Hands on experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of embedded software/firmware development projects
· Relevant experience in the following: networking, security, communications protocols/standards, device drivers, code porting.
· Flexibility with both Windows and Linux environment
· Solid debugging skills
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
· 7 years or more of relevant experience
· Must have C/C++, Networking, Security, Linux
· Embedded, Windows experience a plus
· Ability to learn quickly
Essential Physical Functions:
· Occasional lifting of computer, monitor, or small printer not heavier than 40 pounds
· Typing, writing, reading
· Frequent sitting
Essential Mental Functions:
· Analytical skills, troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communications in English
KDDA is an ISO 14001-certified company with a strong commitment to environmental preservation. All employees are expected to adhere to KDDA ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
All employees should be aware of the importance of conforming to the policies, procedures and requirements of the company’s Environmental Management System (EMS), significant environmental aspects and impacts, their roles and responsibilities within the EMS, and the potential consequences of departing from EMS procedures.
Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation is one of the World's leading manufacturers of laser printers and document management systems.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America, Inc. is a part of the global Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation software development team with about 200 employees in Concord, CA and El Segundo, CA that takes advantage of the benefits of being part of a large, stable company while operating independently under Kyocera's unique Amoeba Management.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America offers a competitive salary and a stimulating working environment, plus a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, matching 401K contributions, flexible spending plan, disability and life insurance, plus Paid Time Offer in addition to paid company paid holidays. KDDA strives to provide a work environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities, while encouraging open communication, team work and diversity.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Apply for this job now.