Grafton Banks Finance are delighted to be partnering a well-established, Brighton based company with a global presence. Our client is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join their exciting team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Shared Services directly working in the Accounting and Finance department. The main purpose of the job as the companies Accounts Payable Manager is to manage and motivate the Accounts Payable Team and be accountable for the accurate and timely processing of all the supplier invoices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the accurate and timely processing of all Supplier Invoices, ensuring they are paid in accordance with agreed terms.
- Responsible for the accurate payment of Expenses and Salaries payments
- Establish and maintain relationships with key members of the business with effective communication with all contacts.
- Overseeing an AP team, including motivating and managing workloads, one-to-one's, observing performance
- Regular supplier reviews: ensuring debit balances and queries are resolved while maintaining relationships
- Improving and streamlining processes within the AP function
- Systems testing and maintenance.
- Assisting with and supporting the department with process improvements
Experience and skills required:
- Prior management/supervision of an accounts payable team
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- Able to prioritise work loads and manage under pressure
- Work to tight deadlines and manage teams
- AAT Level 3/4 (desirable)
- Strong Excel (V-look ups, functions and pivot tables) and accounting system skills
This is an opportunity to join an exciting business whilst earning a very competitive salary and benefits package. This position will offer some hybrid working with a split between the office and home working.