Interim Head of Finance, Arts Organisation - Central London, up to £55,000 per annum
A small and vibrant arts organisation in Central London is looking for an experienced Head of Finance to join the team and help them navigate through the next 3-6 months. Starting as an initial 3 month contract, the role will be responsible for leading the finances of the entire organisation, with the help of a Finance Officer and a part time Financial Consultant. Working closely with the Chief Executive, suitable candidates will have experience leading in a small finance team, either in the charitable or private sector. Key deliverables will be around the budgeting and forecasting, tracking of grant payments and guiding the organisation during this tricky time. We will only be considering candidates that are immediately available or on a 1 week notice.
- Work as part of the Executive Team to help set and deliver the organisation's strategic direction, ensuring that all activities are financially viable.
- Lead, in conjunction with the CEO, Financial Consultant and Board, the development and implementation of appropriate financial strategies to ensure the financial stability and long-term viability of the organisation.
- Prepare the annual budget, monthly management accounts and cash flow forecast.
- Manage overall expenditure to ensure it is in line with the budget; monthly meetings with managers to review budgets.
- Monitor key performance indicators on a monthly basis for discussion with the CEO.
- Liaise with the Trust's auditors, bankers, funders on financial matters.
- Compile financial information for inclusion in contracts, grant applications and end of year final claims and returns.
- Follow procedures for allocating the costs and revenues between the Charity and its trading subsidiary.
- Prepare VAT returns and ensure returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Prepare financial reports to the Board, the Finance and Business Services sub-committee, and external stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that the company complies with all its legal and statutory obligations including Companies House, the Charity Commission, Gift Aid and data protection.
- Ensure that the organisation effectively assesses organisational risk across all its activities, in conjunction with the CEO.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proven experience of leading a finance function in a SME environment
- Proven ability to develop and implement financial strategies to safeguard and maximise income
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong team leader and proven decision-maker
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of corporate governance, including risk management
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and its practical application and integration in the work environment.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Word, Excel and accounting software
- Keen interest in the arts and the values of the organisation