Support staff workers are going to play a bigger role than ever before in our Secondary schools, this Winter On top of daily sickness we still have a national pandemic for our schools to deal with! I am currently recruiting for 3 Cover Supervisors/Teaching Assistants who will work day to day supply, in the same Bradford Secondary school during this peak season. The Cover Supervisors/Teaching Assistants will be assigned to a school in BD13
The main purpose of this is to help safeguard the children and staff of the school from coming in contact with too many outside sources. This will help create a bubble in the school and reduce risk.
The role of the Cover Supervisor will be very flexible during the first term as will many roles within the school. Everybody will be expected to go above and beyond to ensure the students are safe but just as important, they are back to learning ways.
As a Cover Supervisor you will or could be:
- Asked to deliver pre planned material to a full class
- Asked to deliver pre planned material to small group or in 1:1 settings
- Asked to help cover or assist a teacher in a classroom
- Asked to be the only teacher in the classroom
- Focus on keeping the students engaged
- Focus on keeping behaviour to the school's standards
- Asked to work with pupils who show challenging behaviours
- Asked to connect and support SEN students who need extra support
The role of a Teaching Assistant - is to assit the teacher who is leading the class in all aspects - some identical to the Cover Supervisor role
To be a Cover Supervisor I am looking for:
- A recent University Graduate ideally with a Secondary subject degree
- A current Cover Supervisor who has front of the class experience
- A youth worker or coach who again has experience of working with children
- A teaching Assistant looking to take the next step up
- A behaviour Support worker looking to get more teaching experience
If you have the skill set and the confidence, please send a up to date CV by following the link. Brian from the Leeds Bradford Secondary team will be waiting to hear from you.
All successful candidates will need to have a CHILD ONLY DBS on the Update Service, or be willing to get one during the process!