Our client is a renowned and admired FMCG manufacturing and supply chain business, enjoying European dominance and market leading status in their category sector.
As a result of sustained business expansion, an opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Multi-Skilled Technician /Engineer.
Working days for the majority of the year, with seasonal shift cover for peak season.
Our client is rapidly growing every year, they now have over 1000 sites in locations worldwide! This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team so please feel free to apply if you have the required education/experience.
Your role: Days based self-managing electrical engineer
- Responsible to the Maintenance Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and high level fault finding duties in order to maintain and enhance fully automated production, process and packaging machinery.
- To ensure that plant and equipment at a world class award winning site are maintained to the appropriate standard to ensure that their engineering performance is world class! continually improving performance of equipment and\or systems to support the development of the site.
- All items of plant and equipment are maintained to ensure their performance is safe, reliable and in accordance with the principles of world class maintenance performance.
- Diagnose and rectify problems with manufacturing equipment following a reliability centred and proactive approach.
- •Agree preventative maintenance plans, routine remedial action, machine design modifications, and operating & changeover procedures with Manufacturing Maintenance and Operations teams
- •Use the maintenance system and resource to ensure that all agreed maintenance and improvement work
- •Recommend and implement changes to machine operation and maintenance procedures
- •Recommend and deliver improvements to machine design
- Responsibility for the day-to-day organisation and control of colleagues and contractors.
- Have experience of operating Contractor Control System and the issuing of work permits.
- Must have a strong focus on health and safety and strive to make the working environment as safe as possible, this will include the completion of risk assessments and safe systems of work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Apprentice trained in an engineering discipline, experience as an Electrical Craftsman
- HNCor equivalent in electrical maintenance engineering
- extensive Experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing systems
- ability to demonstrate strong team working with good interpersonal skills
- Chemicals, heavy engineering and industrial process environments including refrigeration are also welcome,our client is really open minded on background.
A very competitive salary and benefits package as well as continued development on a medium sized site working within an established, close knit team