Senior Support Worker
Hothfield Brain Injury Centre is located approximately 3 miles from Ashford, Kent, in a quiet 12 acre countryside setting with wonderful views. It is a 32 bed centre for patients with acquired brain injury and neurological conditions.
The neuro-rehabilitation unit provides a Level2b rehabilitation service for clients who need have a newly acquired injury and need support to recover. It is nurse led and clients have multi-disciplinary therapy input.
The Manor unit is a residential care unit. The clients are long term residents and require support to manage the impact of brain injury on activities of daily living.
We are looking for Senior Healthcare Assistants to join our multi-disciplinary team. They will be responsible for the daily leadership of the Healthcare Assistants, ensuring an excellent standard of care is provided for our clients. They will work under the guidance of a Registered General Nurse. Positions are available on both units.
We run a 12 hour shift pattern on a rota to include some weekends. Shift times are 07:45-20:00, and 20:00-07:45. We pay £9.32 per hour.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
• 2 week's paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous Annual Leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.