Karco Inc. DBA: RollnUp Smoke Shop & Liquor is looking for a Retail Store Manager to join our team. The Retail Store Manager will oversee one of our 12 retail locations and its staff to achieve profitable sales.
The ideal candidate will be sales and team-oriented, display strong attention to detail, and maintain professionalism at all times. The Retail Store Manager is a skilled multi-tasker and demonstrates creative leadership methods to motivate employees.
- Sales services - Manage all store sales, orders, inventory, and employees. Report daily sales and capture all credit and cash receipts. Deposit money into bank accounts daily and submit reports as required. Maintain budgets and record inventory for all purchases and sales. Perform inventory counts as needed.
- Customer Service - Respond to customer issues and resolve their needs as they arise. Maintain a clean store environment safe from all hazards.
- Supervise - Lead the retail staff and hiring for all vacant positions. Enforce company policies and procedure. Manage the retail staff weekly schedules and communicate out. Motivate the sales team with effective communication and training.
- Ability to stay calm, patient and professional at all times.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven record of motivating staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Develop rapport and make connections with the retail team and customers.
- Set and track retail goals and objectives
- Demonstrate a knowledge of regulatory laws and safe sales standards.
- Work with category manager to ensure the correct products are ordered
- Ensure products are priced and displayed correctly
- Timely and thorough completion of daily and weekly paperwork for accounting and inventory review purposes.
- Applicants must be available to work 40+ hours a week and store managers generally have to work at least one weekend shift every other week (exceptions for vacations and special occasions are acceptable if properly communicated to ownership).
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401 K
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Advancement Opportunities
Who We Are...
We Are Ron.
Ron is a boy from a working-class family out of Beckemeyer, IL. He paid his way to college building silos and bagging groceries as a high schooler (even though his guidance counselor told him he would never make it). After graduating from SEMO, Ron enlisted in the Marines. He worked his ass off again when he joined corporate world, though he decided to trade in his suit and tie for a pair of coveralls and buy a gas station on I-57. That was 1977, and that single gas station turned into 15 because Ron's philosophy was “friendly, fast, and clean.” Even though Ron worked harder than hard and hired the good ones, some of those gas stations didn't sell so much gas. So Ron, Mitch, and Joe had a meeting. They decided that smoke shops should replace the stations that weren't pumping fuel.
One Stop Smoke Shop & Liquor was born, and Ron's philosophy made headway in the smokes and liquor business. We did a good job—so much so that other folks began using our name! The lawyers said the One Stop name couldn't be trademarked, and that's when I decided to take a chance at a change with the name RollnUp Smoke Shop & Liquor. Why RollnUp? You can roll up to one place to get your super cold beer, your loyal liquors, your favorite chew, your roll-your-owns... ok you get it.
RollnUp is Ron: hardworking, down-to-earth, funny, smart, and friendly. Just like Ron, we take pride in our country, community, and our RollnUp family. Ron passed away on August 10, 2012, but you can see him over our shop doors, and we share his sentiment when he says “Appreciate You.”
Holly Kruep, Ron's daughter | President / CEO of RollnUp
Powered by JazzHR