Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need a Creative Designer to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Marketing function, so it can operate as an integrated marketing team that positions Canada life as a market leader in the UK, by creating a single ‘One Canada Life’ brand, delivering a seamless digital experience for our customers and employees, and bring the brand to life.
This position is for a Creative Designer to play a key part in defining and evolving the Canada Life’s creative brand
Responsible for the creation of marketing and sales collateral to facilitate the delivery of business strategies and plans, understanding and enhancing the content where appropriate and ensuring consistent adherence to brand guidelines.
What you’ll do
- Take and interpret design briefs, understanding customer requirements for online/offline collateral ensuring that on brand marketing material that meets the brief is delivered (outcome expected)
- Assist with the management of internal and external resources (agencies, printers, DTP, digital marketing etc.) to produce all collateral on time/within budget
- Delivery within the corporate guidelines across all disciplines whilst ensuring that regulatory and corporate requirements are met.
- Briefing and managing all participants in the production process, including liaison with outside agencies and all relevant internal parties, to ensure all material (printed and digital) is delivered is of a high standard and is delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist with maintenance of a creative library of all collateral to ensure up to date material is available for internal distribution.
- Drive creative initiatives/projects, ensuring we employ fresh thinking and utilise up-to-date innovations.
Who you are
- Excellent Mac-based knowledge of design packages, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Highly skilled in presentation packages: PowerPoint, Prezi, Keynote, and knowledge of creating/building interactive PDFs and digital brochure
- Proven experience working either in house or agency (financial experience would be advantageous) with knowledge of print and digital media production, communication and distribution techniques and methods
- Proven track record of originating considered and reasoned creative concept work and subsequent successful roll out
- Attention to detail, ability to proof design work with a high level of accuracy and excellent typographical skills.
- Ability to deal with people internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, be extremely organised, work well under pressure either independently or as part of a team.
- Focused and deadline driven, to ensure the job is completed to the correct specifications
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences