The IT Manager will help establish, plan and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department, as well as, analyze the needs of the company and establish priorities for system design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company’s information processing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure 24/7 operational capability of mission critical IT functions including ERP system, phones, telecommunications, web site, servers and email. Manage the maintenance and operation of platforms and related resources accordingly. Including external vendors and partners.
- Responsible for successful resolution of all server and client computing and application software problems; installing hardware and software, upgrades, backups, cybersecurity, patches and fixes; develops, maintains and disseminates knowledge of best solutions to recurring problems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT related systems, policies and procedures, including a disaster recovery plan to ensure continuity of operations
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Maintain IT budget, forecast capital and equipment needs and ensure cost effectiveness within the parameters of the budget.
- Manage company IT assets and office equipment, such as servers, computers, phones, phone system, printers, photocopiers, etc., and their related supplies. Including negotiating purchase, lease, and service agreements with vendors and within budget.
- Identify problem areas or system weaknesses and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Engage and collaborate with business leaders to identify key IT needs. Ensure high-quality end-user support for both local and remote employees as well as driving continuous improvement of IT processes.
- Remains current with advances and alerts in the area of systems, security, and web development and makes recommendations for the integration of research findings.
- Manage and oversee help desk support staff.
- Availability for emergency on call 24/7.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science related field.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related role.
- Freight forwarding experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, information, plans and procedures to both technical personnel and non-IT staff.
- Ability to multi-task, and calm and focused in stressful situations.
- Highly organized and analytical.
- Experience in controlling IT budget.
- Vendor negotiations.
- Software: Windows Server, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Various Microsoft Office, CRM (Salesforce), Cybersecurity (Mimecast, Sophos).
- Networking: Cisco Firewall, VPN, Routing, Switching, VOIP, VPN Tunnels, Wireless.
As a Global IT Solutions Provider, we connect people with technology that enhances growth, elevates productivity, and empowers innovation.
Founded in 1982, Connection delivers valuable IT services and advanced technology solutions to business, government, healthcare, and education markets. Today, we serve our customers through our staff of highly trained Account Managers, our team of on-staff experts, and our efficient procurement websites. Additionally, we deliver global procurement solutions through our network of 500 suppliers in 174 countries.
Twice recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Most Trustworthy Companies,” our goal is to provide customers with the expert guidance, state-of-the-art tools, and exceptional service to solve their technology challenges. Throughout our community, we strive to inspire success and increase the value of IT investments.
Role: Direct Hire IT Manager with an exciting company + great benefits!
Apply for this job now.