A cutting-edge FinTech company has two exciting positions for a Software Developer, one to join its Cape Town branch and the other its Joburg team. You must have Grade 12/equivalent, at least 5+ years' experience in a similar role, preferably with PHP, proficient in C#, Java, Object Oriented Design/Programming, fluent with Data & Databases, Scrum, modern git workflows including Pull Requests, CI & Code Reviews. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys writing working code that has been tested for correctness, in the time allocated, following accepted best practices, in a way that can be easily maintained and enhanced, in collaboration with their team, and continuously improves their knowledge and skills throughout their career.
- Analyse specific requirements and translate it into workable solutions.
- Obtain project specifications from the Team Lead and ensure understanding of specific project requirements.
- Divide the work into smaller components to ensure the focus is on a specific area (in line with Scrum practice).
- Write code that is readable, maintainable, and reusable.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Ensure that the code complies with original requirements through unit testing and demonstrations.
- Test own code and write tests when applicable.
- Identify problems and rectify the mistakes/problems.
- Run demos for the Team Lead as a further evaluation tool.
- Manage own professional and self-development.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential).
- 5+ Years' experience as a Software Developer (some PHP experience preferred).
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Languages such as PHP (preferred), C#, Java.
- Firm Understanding of Object-Oriented Design / Programming.
- Fluency with Data and Databases.
- Software Development Methodologies such as Scrum.
- Knowledge of and experience with modern git workflows (Pull Requests, CI, Code Reviews).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels.
- Able to work remote as and when needed, with own reliable internet connection.
- Multitasking skills.
- Time Management.
- Organisational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Work within a structured delivery environment and in accordance with best practices & standards.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to #removed# and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on #removed#. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.