A senior finance professional with significant commercial acumen, analytical thinking and the ability to challenge the business at all levels. This role will involve leading revenue reporting and forecasting, working closely with Project teams, BD, BDO and accounting teams to develop initiatives to drive efficiencies and accelerate revenue recognition.
They are responsible for driving forward new systems, processes and reporting to enhance the role of the FP&A team and their impact on the wider business and promote accelerated growth.
- Responsible for accurately reporting Worldwide revenue at department, project and therapeutic levels by the agreed monthly timelines, explaining variances to budget/forecast
- Responsible for developing and enhancing financial reporting to provide insight to the business for decision making
- Responsible for the revenue forecast, including the modelling of new awards and change orders
- To support GCD and Operational FP&A through close collaboration, providing meaningful analysis, investigating queries and driving positive change
- Development of systems and processes across Worldwide to deliver on the above
- To support the annual budgeting process by accurately modeling revenue for future awards, change orders and ensuring forecast fidelity for current backlog
- Line management for direct reports
- Lead major FP&A activities on behalf of the entire FP&A team
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Good understanding of Project lifecycles
- Ability to challenge at the highest levels of the organization
- Able to develop plans to deliver initiatives within the business
- Bachelor degree or equivalent ideally with an accounting qualification
- Experience of financial accounting and the use of accounting systems
- Experience of process improvement specifically driving efficiency gains within the business.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing change initiatives within a growing organization
- Demonstrable proficiency of financial trend analysis
- Experience of process improvement
- Managerial experience