Supervise the forklift driver’s team, keep an accurate inventory and ensure the loads/unloads are done with quality and in a timely manner.
· Supervise the team of forklift driver(s).
· Ensure the warehouse is organized, clean and safe.
· Ensure an accurate inventory.
· Prioritize the loads and unloads of the day and week.
· Unload incoming trucks.
· Check incoming product against Bill of Lading.
· Load outgoing trucks.
· Make sure outgoing BL is matches product that was loaded on truck.
· Perform the monthly inventories and recount quantities when requested by logistics team.
· Changing the battery on the lift trucks.
· Checking water levels in the battery.
· Check the lift truck for proper operation at the beginning of every shift.
· Clean the lift truck at the end of each shift.
· Keep all materials stored in their proper locations.
· Help on the production floor or packing when needed.
· Help with any other tasks the Shift Supervisor requests.
· Help when needed to take rolls off extruder winders.
· Help when needed to empty the garbage cans at the end of each shift.
· Continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency, safety, and hygiene of the operation.
· Continuously look for ways to improve quality.
· Must report any safety concerns to your supervisor.
· Must report any hygiene concerns to your supervisor.
work experience requirements
· Prior lift truck operator desirable
· One year working as Packer or Floor Boy
CAPABILITIES needed to perform the job:
· Must understand the movement of materials within the plant.
· Must be able to drive a lift truck.
· Must be a safe driver.
· Must be able to read a Bill of Lading.
· Must be able to count arriving or departing product.
· Must be able to read labels on boxes and pallets.
· Must be able to carry a shaft weighing 30 lbs.
· Must be able to occasionally lift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
· Grade school
· Must be trained and certified on how to operate a lift truck.
· Must be able to speak, write and read in English.
Role: Warehouse Manager
Apply for this job now.