Are you an experienced Hotel or Corporate receptionist?
I am working with a Colchester based country house hotel that currently requires a professional customer-focused individual to join our friendly front of house team.
- The role will include responding to enquiries, taking reservations and checking guests in and out.
- Ensure that guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously
- Follow Company check-in procedures and ensure that the correct details are taken from each guest
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times, face to face, over the telephone and via email
- Show guests to their bedrooms and the facilities of the hotel, up selling hotel products and services when appropriate
- Maintain up to date guest history, profiles and marketing databases
- Liaise with Housekeeping to ensure that rooms have been serviced and are ready for arriving guests in a timely manner
- Respond to guests enquiries
- Take reservations correctly adhering to the company guidelines and policy
- Liaise with all other departments in the hotel, building good working relationships with colleagues and ensuring relevant information is communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guests bill and that this is up to date at all times
- Adhere to credit control procedures
- Check out guests effectively following the hotels procedure
- Ensure that all enquiries, messages and concierge enquiries are dealt with courteously and efficiently
- Mentor and coach Hotel School students to ensure they maximise their training in Front of House
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximising bedroom sales opportunities
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Provide systems reports, as required, for housekeepers and management
- Ensure that the hotel entrance is easily accessible to cars and taxis at all times
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the General Manager or his/her nominee.
- A Country House Hotel in Colchester
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry is essential
- Highly organised with a smart and professional demeanour.
- IT literate and have experience of working with booking systems.
- Past experience of training staff and be enthusiastic about working with the students a Hotel School.
- Experience of working in a 4 or 5 star establishment
- Ability to convey information effectively both orally and in writing to guests, colleagues and students
- Good sales and negotiation skills - ability to upsell
- Professional demeanour and the ability to engage effectively with customers and students
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to work
- Job Type; Full Time/Permanent
- Salary £18,500 per annum plus a full range of staff benefits
- This role is shift based on a notional 40 hours per week (worked 5 over 7) and includes some late finishes and weekend work.
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Free or subsidised travel
- Subsidised gym membership
- Company pension
- Employee discounts