ACS are looking for an Associate to join the Manchester office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a varied caseload within the Property Litigation team from inception to conclusion.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Managing a caseload (for example rent arrears claims, possession actions and Landlord and Tenant Act applications)
· Communicate in writing and by telephone with solicitors, courts and all other interested parties
· Negotiating with the other side
· Instructing Counsel and experts
· Client liaison in writing and over the telephone
· Preparation of reports to clients
· Drafting documents
· Business development
· Generally assisting senior solicitors and partners with their work load including preparing court bundles, general court diary management, obtaining information from the Land Registry/conducting investigations and reviewing files, deeds and legal research
· Undertake appropriate additional tasks provided by the Team Leader
Requirements of the candidate include:
· Previous experience of managing a caseload
· Knowledge, experience and interest in the property sector and property law is essential - including having undertaken a minimum 6 month training seat in property and also a litigation seat
· Ability to prioritise and plan work appropriately so that deadlines are met
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Demonstrates an understanding of clients' needs/expectations
· Professional and positive attitude towards work
· Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good IT skills
· Adheres to guidelines and procedures
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester
Apply for this job now.