Global Automotive Product Manufacturing Company in the NW Indiana area is currently in search for a Human Resources Generalist for their state of the art manufacturing plant. The HR Generalist opening will be supporting the Plant HR Manager in this rapidly expanding automotive plant. This role will offer career advancement opportunities and provide both personal and professional growth opportunities. The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for providing overall generalist support for the Human Resources function in a manner which achieves plant and departmental goals and objectives and satisfying the needs of the employees. Major responsibilities include assisting with recruitment, employee relations, training, and overall compliance with applicable Federal and State Statues.
- Build a constructive relationship with employees and supervision within the plant.
- Act as a general counsel and provide assistance to employees and supervision on human resource and job-related issues.
- Participates in the establishment of long-range objectives for the department.
- Recommends innovative human resource policies, procedures, and programs that contribute to achieving the objectives of the company and positive employee relations.
- Lead employee relations and team activities including the Breakfast Club, Picnic Committees, incentive programs, and any other planning committees and continuous improvement teams.
- Conduct internal investigations and assist with progressive disciplinary process and terminations.
- Lead and Facilitate the Peer Review Committee.
- Coordinate staffing for all hourly positions.
- Organize and lead the orientation process for all new employees - temporary and direct-hire.
- Enroll new employees and ensure proper documentation relating to payroll and benefits is complete and current.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and files including personnel files for all hourly employees. This includes filing as necessary.
- Oversee the administration of attendance and leave of absences, including FMLA and Accident and Sickness administration.
- Maintain and update affirmative action plan.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of various training programs for employees.
- Coordinate unemployment benefits and claims.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Complete employment verifications as necessary.
- Assist with payroll issues.
- Prepare and maintain various departmental reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in Human Resources required.
- Proficiency with software programs including word processing and spreadsheets required.
- A true desire to help others is a must.
- A team player who is results driven, able to work under pressure, has strong leadership skills, high energy, strong organizational skills, is empathetic and able to deal with issues in an open, honest manner
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to the employees and the management group.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Role: HR Generalist
Apply for this job now.