National Health and Safety Advisor
£30,000 - £35,000 + Company Car
Evander is a market leading company operating in the U.K. They are specialists in delivering a broad range of temporary and emergency services to protect properties and assets.
You will be responsible for raising the profile of health & safety throughout the organisation and build and develop our Health and Safety initiatives and experience and knowledge of our colleagues. Ensure a consistently safe working environment to all colleagues and customers, increased Near Miss emphasis and reduced injury rates within the group. Provide overall support to the HSEQ team and all Operational teams and ensure a co-ordinated approach to HSEQ policy, improvements, and reporting.
What to Expect:
- Establish high levels of understanding of health & safety rights and responsibilities throughout the organisation through effective communication at all levels across the business
- Bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare to the attention of the H&S Manager
- Contribute / input to policies to facilitate a safe working environment for all colleagues
- Assist by writing, developing, maintaining up to date H&S policies and procedures, ensuring effective communication of the necessary changes
- Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance and work with the HR Development team to ensure a robust reporting/recording process in place via MyHR.
- Provide accurate, timely and advice to line managers on all HSEQ policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational H&S or Construction or NVQ level 6/7.
- Have a detailed knowledge of health & safety legislation and guidance
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels in the business.
- Strong listening and negotiation skills to influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to transform problems into pragmatic solutions
- Work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of the HSEQ function and be a valuable member.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Employee Benefits
- Training and Development
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion, we aim to create a workforce that is representative of society where colleagues can be themselves, knowing that embracing differences enhances Evander's operational capabilities and also helps to create a Great Place To Work. We are proud to celebrate diversity where individuals are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.