Job Title: DevOps Manager (Quality Engineering Manager)
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Discover are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Lead DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for defining and optimising the development process to enable faster development flow by systematically reducing development cycle time and increasing built-in quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups, the successful candidate will drive and deliver automated software delivery practices targeting fully automated delivery from development to production.
As part of this role you will bring your knowledge of industry best practices to bear on defining continuous delivery practices enterprise-wide. This is an opportunity to play a key part in the future direction of software delivery at Discover.
- Working with Scrum Teams to design and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Working with infrastructure teams to design and implement fully automated environments
- Driving the migration from physical/virtual servers to a cloud based environment
- Developing and implementing standard automation patterns based on industry best practice
- Designing and developing shared libraries to standardise and facilitate continuous delivery implementation
- Providing day to day DevOps support to the Scrum and infrastructure teams
- Maintaining and Monitoring CI/CD pipelines
- Providing automated solutions for monitoring and dashboarding
- Leading, mentoring and guiding a team of DevOps engineers
Skills & Experience:
- Software development background
- CI/CD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins DSL (scripted or declarative)
- Experience of Asset Repo e.g. Nexus/Artifactory
- Shell scripting
- Git, including common branching strategies
- Experience of working in an Agile team (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
Nice to have:
- Cloud Foundry, PCF
- AWS (EC2/S3/EMR/ELB/ECS/Lambda/MariaDB)
- RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
Our Tech Stack:
Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
Java, AngularJS, Node.js, Python
Horton Works, Spark, Storm
RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis
PCF, OpenShift, RHEL, VMware
Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL, Gemfire
Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Lambda, nginx
We've been around since 1986 changing the game in company culture by building a place where over 16,000 incredible individuals love to come to work. It’s our mission to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future – and we provide innovative banking and credit products to help people realize those goals. From establishing good credit, to paying for a college education or consolidating debt, Discover wants you to succeed.
We are a company that promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
Role: DevOps Team Leader
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire
Apply for this job now.