SCHEDULE: 9am – 6pm Sunday through Thursday with overtime as needed.
SUMMARY: Performs monitors and controls maintenance and repair activities on heating, and cooling units, boiler room, forklifts, and mobile equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Perform preventative maintenance on all A/C units, forklifts, and mobile units. (ie, belts, filters, watering of forklifts, etc..)
· Trouble shoot and analyze issues on all units, forklifts and mobile units and contact vendor when needed.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory cabinet for A/C and mobile equipment
- Diagnose and repair all A/C units, forklift and mobile units.
- Perform safety inspections on all A/C units, forklifts and mobile units.
· Completes various maintenance, repair, and service turnover reports in timely manner.
- Point of contact for service provider of climate control of facility and work with in house Information Technology department.
· Assist management with preventative actions to reduce and/or eliminate waste and quality problems due to equipment or machine breakdown/malfunction.
· Ensures all work areas and methods meet safety requirements. Attends safety committee meetings.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
· Assists management with the establishment and maintenance of work instructions, process procedures and standards for maintenance and repair functions.
· Investigate, complete and follow up on Root Cause Analysis’ for production loss or quality problems related to equipment or machine breakdown/malfunction.
· Participates in the continuous improvement program (kaizen).
· Inputs information for yearly budget and management plan preparation.
· Provides training for team members.
· Other Duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises/performs with all employees involved in maintenance and repair activities. Assists management with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the maintenance program.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to successfully complete a 30 hour OSHA course.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent; five year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, quality manuals, operational procedures, work instructions, blueprints and technical manuals. Ability to write work instructions, root cause analysis, routine reports and business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate percentages, area, circumference and volume and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to read machine or equipment blueprints and schematics.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use various personal computer software (Microsoft Windows, Excel). Knowledge of metric system. Mechanically inclined, working knowledge of heating and cooling units, forklifts, and mobile equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Forklift license. (Must be obtained through MST when employed).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is required to walk distances within the warehouse. The employee is occasionally required to work in tight, confined, cramped areas and at various heights above the floor.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in cold or hot weather, indoors and outdoors, and also work at height( on the roof of building).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Proper safety equipment is required.
Social Environment: Must be able to handle stressful situations at times. Must work well with warehouse, and other team members. Will have to juggle multiple tasks at times.
Management reserves the right to assign work not included in the job description and are subject to change and should not be considered inclusive of duties that may be assigned from time to time as business may dictate.
L.K. Jordan matches talented people with fantastic clients through staffing their temporary, temporary to hire, and direct hire employment needs. Executive Recruiters participate in recruiting, interviewing, matching, and placing qualified candidates in a variety of positions. They will also be responsible for account management, inside sales calls, obtaining job orders, and client penetration/retention. All staffing consultants will be required to maintain high fill ratios, as well as build strong relationships with our clients and candidates. This is done by assessing our client's requirements, creating job orders, and appropriately matching permanent and/or temporary candidates to meet client needs and expectations.
Role: Utility Maintenance Specialist
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.