COMPANY: ALEXANDER ASH CONSULTING
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: 40000 - 50000
My client an industry leading global insurer, is currently recruiting for a Compliance Manager to join them on a permanent basis in London. You’ll be primarily responsible for working in close partnership with the Business Unit and other stakeholders to ensure that regulatory and company policy requirements are understood and effectively implemented. There will also be an emphasis on supporting projects and regulatory initiatives where required.
- Proven experience within the insurance domain
- Proven experience as a compliance professional
- Confidence and credibility to face off to the organisation’s most senior management and directors.
- Ability to analyse rules and guidance and assess their impact on different business areas.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues facing the business.
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness business acumen, strategic planning.
- Ability to influence decision making in view of a business area’s financial priorities and market conditions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Provide compliance support for delivering the Business Unit strategy and business model
- Provide training on regulatory topics for Business Units where required.
- Work with directors, senior managers and operations staff of the business areas to help them understand regulatory demands, work with them to address these in a collaborative and pragmatic way and oversee effective operation of compliance systems and controls.
- Provide support to the Approved Persons for events such as Proactive Engagement meetings, other meetings and FCA ‘deep dives’ as required.
- Become a ‘trusted advisor’ of the business, engaging with them early on to provide advice on the development of new products and services or significant changes to business processes.
- Ensure regulatory/compliance queries raised by the business are resolved satisfactorily.
- Provide regulatory/compliance advice to the business on projects, providing tailored solutions to regulatory issues, and oversee the implementation of regulatory change.
- Work with business areas to ensure and facilitate the addressing of remedial actions following compliance monitoring reports.
- Ensure business areas have comprehensive regulatory knowledge to understand the impact of rules and regulations, including delivery of approved training.
- Support the development of the SM&CR framework as required
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.