SEND Teaching Assistant
£350 - £400 per week
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
Contract Dates: September 2021
If you are Team Teach trained this is desirable, however we do offer the full Team Teach qualification which is free of charge!
Vision for Education are urgently seeking SEND teaching assistants to work in a specialist SEND school in Sheffield
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be required to support the class teacher and other teaching assistants in the delivery of lessons, whilst also providing support and guidance to the students in their variety of learning needs.
Vision for Education are a temporary supply agency and are looking for people who are seeking either day to day or long-term supply placements.
Working with students with special educational needs is an extremely rewarding environment to work in, however can be challenging getting to know the needs of students and therefore this role benefits from consistency and continuity.
Ideally for this role you will have in date moving and handling training or have recent experience in this.
Vision for education currently work with a school in the Sheffield area, that cater for needs including but not limited to PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH and behaviours that challenge.
This school is passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
To be considered for the position of SEND Teaching Assistant you will:
- Be reliable, flexible and creative!
- Have experience supporting children and young adults with a range of different learning needs and abilities - PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH
- Ideally have your own transport or close public transport links
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference.
- Moving and handling is highly desirable
- Team Teach is highly desirable but we provide this training FREE OF CHARGE
- Experience with both small group and 1:1 is beneficial
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.